26 Week Maternity Leave In India – India newly qualifies with the sixteen countries having long paid maternity leave for a new mother. When IML (India’s Ministry of Labor) announced a new amendments made to the maternity Benefits Act, 1961.
Update: 10-March-2017 – 26 Maternity is Official Now. Bill Passed. You Can Claim your 26 Maternity Now Onwards
The benefits of the increased maternity leave from the twelve weeks to twenty six weeks for the 2 surviving the children, which could advantage about 1.8 millions of women in organized sector. However, 26 Week Maternity Leave is not applicable to the women worker or employee withy the 2 or more the two children.
The work from the home option is only available based on the designation or profile of employees, the duration of that can be normally or mutually agreed upon by the employee and the employer. For plenty of progressive and large private sector companies which are normally to be the positive method or step towards huge family friendly, human resource rules or policies which makes their company or organization for more impressive to the employees. The private companies such as Accenture, Godrej, ICICI and Flipkart is already providing the 5 to 6 months of the maternity leave.
Highlights Of 26 Week Paid Maternity Leave In India:
- Women, working in the public and private sector, will be soon to get the maternity leave of the twenty six weeks.
- The nursing women can be allowed to work or do the job from their home even after the twenty six weeks of the maternity leave, based on the job profile of the women.
- The Cabinet note is prepared by the labor ministry to the alter the Maternity Benefits Act, 1961.
The twelve weeks to twenty six weeks or 6 Months maternity leave is to create lots of excitement happiness to the people. This is very beneficial to the people compared to the old rules. There are lots of differences available for the old maternity leave to the new maternity leave. The past maternity leave is not sufficient and comfortable for the women employees. Use to at the time of pregnancy, they are facing lots of pain and stress for their body, the short period of the maternity leave is not sufficient to tackle all these issues. But now India newly introduced the extended maternity leave which is surely helpful for the women employees.
The pregnant women working in private sectors and government sectors will soon look forward to the increased maternity leave. The 26 Week Maternity Leave is helping women to balance the professional commitments among the personal lives and to potentially stemming the exodus of the expecting the mothers from the workspace. After a long period of the arguments, the Center is announcing the extended maternity leave for both the private sectors and public sectors. The maternity leave extension is applicable to more than forty countries in the all over the world.
- Maternity leave for public sector in India women employees: 6 months or 26 weeks
- Maternity leave for private sector in India women employees: 3 months or 12 weeks
Eligibility Criteria For 26 Week (6 Month) Maternity Leave In India:
The eligibility condition for the 26 Week Maternity Leave in India is comfortable and applicable for both the private sectors and the public sectors. If the employee comes under the following eligibility criteria they are allowed to get the 26 Week Maternity Leave in India.
- If you are an individual with the pregnancy, you will apply to you are firm to get the maternity leave.
- You must have to work at least one year or 1250 hours in the organization
- If you are working in the small organization or the less than the fifteen employee’s organization, you are eligible to apply for the maternity leave.
- The employee with the serious health problems and they can be eligible when an employee’s child, spouse or the parent has the severe health problems.
- People with the chronic health condition
- Pregnancy and also for the post birth, medical condition or the natal medical condition
- The women with the severe sickness at the morning time
- Medically prescribed for the bed test
Policy Of 26 Week Maternity Leave In India:
The Family Maternity Law Act (FMLA) provides individual who is in pregnancy will use this opportunity to get some of the rest via this type of the leave option. The extended 26 Week Maternity Leave in India is introduced or launched by the India’s Ministry of Laborn. This new rule is newly introduced for all over the India for different states. The rules and regulations of the maternity leave are varied based on the type of the state, private or public sector that is based on the sector and the period of the working. This type of the extended leave is comfortable to get the healthiest pregnancy and to the happy living style. After completing the 26 Week Maternity Leave you can also work in the home or the company which is based on the type of the designation of the women.
How To Apply 26 Week Maternity Leave In India:
For applying the 26 Week Maternity Leave includes some procedures and rules. You have to follow the below given rules which will help to get the maternity leave properly.
- The pregnant women must have to submit the request letter at least before one month or 30 days
- The individual must have to submit the essential documents and papers needed to apply for the maternity leave for both the private sector or the public sector.
- The proper reason is needed to get the maternity leave like the health issues, pregnancy, illness and some of the other type of the reasons.
- The firm manager verifies the documents and papers of the persons, after completing all the verification the leave is approved for the pregnant women.
The 26 Week Maternity Leave rules and applying procedures are varied based on the different states in the India. The rules and laws of newly released 26 Week Maternity Leave in India is not properly announced. But, the eligibility and leave period is same for all over the world. This type of the rule is not only announced in the India, but also implemented for all over the world. Benefits of extended 26 weeks maternity leave compared to the past maternity leave rules such as
- Women to balance the professional and the personal commitments among the personal lives
- Potentially stemming the exodus of the expecting the mothers from the workspace
- The 26 weeks maternity leave creates lots of comfortableness compared to the past maternity leave.
- This type of the maternity leave is varied based on the type of the organization and sector like private sector and public sector.
- The leave days of the private sector are less compared to the public sector women employees. But some of the private sector companies are understanding the worries and illness of the employee, so that they are offering the comfort and sufficient amount of the leave like the public sector.
These are the brief information about the 26 weeks maternity leave in India. Each and every information about the maternity leave is clearly explained which is very useful to get the maternity leave at the time of the pregnancy time.